Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Uncertainty

Well, life is pretty much summed up with one word... uncertainty.

Most of you know that I had a major health scare when I was hospitalized for pulmonary edema at the beginning of August. Most of the time, this condition is caused by congestive heart failure, which is exactly as it sounds. Blood isn't pumped effeciently from the lungs to the left atria and it backs up into the lungs, causing fluid to fill your lungs.

Lemme tell you... it ain't fun.

Generally the people who get congestive heart failure (CHF) are the elderly with weak heart muscles, chronic alcoholics, heavy smokers, narcotic overdosers, or people in severely high altitudes. I am none of these things, so it was a mystery as to why I would have all these symptoms. (shortness of breath, coughing, low pulse oxygen, low blood pressure, fluid in my lungs...)

I am exhibiting some of the same symptoms again, so today I am having an echocardiogram done... which is essentially an ultra sound of your heart.

I am uncertain of what the results will be. I am uncertain of how my life will play out if I do have CHF. I'm uncertain of how my life span may be altered if I do have it. I'm uncertain that if I don't have it, then what in the world is going on with me??

God never promises us certainty, save in this... He is good, He is faithful.... of that I AM certain!

I am no longer discouraged at all the crazy health problems I've had over the last 4 years. People live this way their entire lives, so I can to, if that's God's plan for me. I am joyful in the Lord. He sent these trials to me and will use them for my good and His glory. That brings me peace and anticipation of what miracles I may see because of my sufferings... not miracles in my own life, but in someone else's.

1 comments:

Amber said...

What a great perspective! Keep us posted! Praying!


Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wild Olive