Saturday, August 27, 2011

Letting Go

No, I don't mean letting go of my husband and children, so don't panic. I am finally letting go of so much pain I have held on to for years. I am asking forgiveness from my husband, whom I love more than I can say. I am asking forgiveness from God.... for SO many things! I'm learning, and succeeding, at not allowing my emotions to control my life. It sounds so easy, but let me say, folks, it is NOT easy for me! After years of bad emotional habits and a truck load of selfishness, this training is going to be long and difficult.

Disobedience is actually very painful. I have been angry with God and therefore, very disobedient to Him. I have suffered greatly and brought huge amounts of pain to my family. Confession and humbling yourself before the Lord is hard for me, but once done, peace and joy flow from my body. I've watched this occur with my nephews these past few days. They know the rules, and yet, when no one is watching, they choose to serve themselves and disobey. Eventually they are discovered, and the punishment follows..... every time.... no slide-by's.... no sweet-talking their way out of it. Disobedience brings sadness and pain...

Whether it's getting muddy from playing in a forbidden mud hole and being hosed off with freezing cold water...
or playing in a muddy water hole, getting a shower, and being sent straight to bed... (apparently water and mud are the great temptations here)
We all have our great temptations... money, selfishness, idolatry, turning to people before turning to God...

Disobedience HURTS!!!! I am striving to be the Molly God has designed me to be. I am striving to obey.

The verses that helped me today:

Romans 8:12 So then, bretheren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh- for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.

Learn from my mistakes... and from two little boys who love mud.

0 comments:


Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wild Olive