Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

You may be thinking that I'm referring to the fact that when one thing in your life goes wrong, that the rest just gets sucked down the drain as well. I am thankful to report that I had a "raining and pouring" day yesterday, but it was all good things!

First, Raquel, a friend from church decided to take time out of her hectic schedule of raising three small boys to make and bring me dinner. She then made the 30 minute drive out to my house to deliver it. We then sat together and she did something wonderful... she listened.

We went outside to admire our new back patio, and to my utter surprise, ANOTHER sweet lady from church came walking out to greet us! She had a handful of marigolds. She said she just wanted to stop by to give me the flowers and a hug... just flowers and a hug.

My mood was feeling brighter and the heaviness had eased up some. I was in my room working on some pictures and noticed some company come through the door. It was my neighbors Neal and Amber from across the street. They had brought me a vase full of the prettiest white daisies! I was overwhelmed and had to hold in the tears. 

Then, to top off this wonderful day, by awesome friend, Leslie, took me out on a date! We saw a movie, (which was hilarious) and then got some ice cream. It was so good to spend time with her... had been way too long.

When  I got home I checked my facebook... as I always do, and had a message from a friend sharing that she too had faced the same struggles with depression. She came through it and had some wonderful words of encouragement.

When it rains, it pours, people! God showered me with some sweet blessings, none of which I expected or felt I deserved. I cannot put a price on reaching out to someone in pain. If you know someone who is suffering, please make an effort.. no matter how small.

1 comments:

Chris said...

This brought a smile to my heart! RKing 8)


Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wild Olive