Sunday, July 31, 2011

Humbled

I have been humbled the past day and a half. Yesterday I attended a baby shower for a childhood friend and was in charge of taking pictures. I was very nervous about being in cramped quarters with lots of noise and chatter. During the shower, three different women from my church put their arms around me and said they thought I was a blessing to them.. Me??? I really couldn't wrap my brain around how that could be possible. I've stopped attending church regularly, and I don't go to any of the showers or functions. But to have these highly respected ladies tell me how much they care was overwhelming and... humbling. I made it through the shower, frazzled, but in tact.

Today is my 34th birthday... yikes.. and there was a party at our house for me and my brother-in-law last night. We had a great time! I realized that I was laughing and participating in all the fun. My sister-in-law, Beth, put her arms around me, kissed me and said I can come to her for anything. My best friend, Leslie was there to laugh with me and give support. My mom-in-law gave me the most touching card. I won't quote the whole thing, but my favorite line is,  
"He compares you to no one else- you are one of a kind. You lack nothing" ....so humbling.

Then, this morning, I received a delivery of flowers sent to me from some friends in Africa whom I have not seen in about 4 years!

God is pouring out His compassion on me through all these caring people around me. My heart is softening. I am feeling worthy instead of worthless, loved instead of a burden... and humbled... definitely humbled.

0 comments:


Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wild Olive